Like it or not, You're in DEBT

I don't know how to break the news to you.  Some of you are financially with-it and have every 't' crossed and every 'i' perfectly dotted.

You are frugal to a fault.

You spend wisely, save cautiously, give generously.

You live circumspectly, you do everything right.  Good for you.  I hate to break it to you.  But you are in debt - and you might not realize it.

And for the others - the not so perfectionistic - you too have a mounting, continuing debt you might have forgotten about.

With us already past the first week of the new year, and with some of us taking a look at the books, I feel it my kind obligation to let you know about a debt you have that you may have forgotten about.  This is a serious one - apparently it is a continuous debt.  One that remains outstanding.  And there is really nothing you can do about it, but to just keep paying it.

You will be indebted like this the rest of your life.  There is no special payment plan.  You can't work it out with the creditors.  There is no self-help book/guru/class to milk of its wisdom.

There is no other way to deal with this kind of debt than to simply keep paying on it.

The thing is, no matter how much you pay on it - the debt never seems to lessen.  It is just THERE.

It may lead to frustration.

You may wish there were something - anything - you can do to climb out from under this ongoing, outstanding, mounting, continuing debt.  But you can't.  I hate to break it to you - but you are indebted for life.

How can I say this with such confidence?!

You might be saying, "You don't even know me, much less my finances!  How can you tell me that I'm in debt?!"

I can say with utmost confidence that you are because it is in the Bible.

If the Bible is true, then it tells you that you are truly in debt.  A neverending, unpayable debt.

Sorry to have to be so blunt.  But it's plainly there.  In black and white.  In your Bible.

Romans 13:8 says,

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.

There you have it folks.

Happy debt-paying in 2015!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

Radical Hospitality

23 years and half my life